Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The horror

I have to complain about these items that just seriously irk me. Those would be Ugg boots or anything that looks like Ugg boots. I have nothing against the boots themselves. I think they make very comfy slippers for when you are at home or at your grandmas but not out in public. I think personally that they function as another excuse for young women not to get dressed and to walk around in their jim-jams. Girls, lets have a talk about these shoes.

1st they are not meant to be worn out in public. It does not matter that some hot starlet wears them, that is most definitely not a reason to wear them.

2nd they are ugly. I don't care how you argue it, they are ugly. Seriously, do you think guys like those things? (I know you care about what guys think, it is hardwired into your brain).

3rd they prevent you from walking like a normal healthy person. I hate winter around Maryland because with it comes the endless sound of girls scuffing their feet. Somehow because they feel like slippers, girls feel like they need to scuff their feet. That gets really annoying. PICK UP YOUR FEET or your great-grandma will roll in her grave!

4th they make you lazy. Look at them. They scream "Stay in your sweats or track suit (oooo don't get me started on the track suits) and that messy bun (I am not dissing the messy bun because I rock it at the beach and in my private home...ONLY!) and fetch the milk from the store."

We girls complain that clothes are hard to find that are comfy and easy to wear and look cute. Listen to me. There is a famous designer who really introduced one of the most comfy outfits to American. His name is Ralph Lauren and he introduced the white t and jeans to the fashion world as all American. I live in jeans and t-shirts in the summer and jeans and long sleeve t-shirts in winter. I find them as comfy as my jim-jams and I look like I tried to get dressed. As for comfy shoes try a pair of the more fancy boots from Uggs or my personal favorites Timberland. I live in my work-boots from 9 am until 9 pm and my feet never hurt and they stay warm and dry. So this is a personal plea, if you must wear Uggs wear them in the comfort of your own home. I will be personally grateful.

No comments: